22 April 2012

« NYX Xtreme Lip Creams - SWATCHES & REVIEW »


There are a total of 11 Xtreme Lip Creams from NYX. I ordered only 5 to try them out.
D-Tan said that she liked these and I was eager to try them out!

NYX's description of the lip creams :

Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one. Complete your head-turning look with the Xtreme Lip Cream in any of the 11 luscious colors.

First of off I have to say I love the colors they have!
And the description got me sold xD Especially since I hate lipstick!

Swatches on my hand
The lighting is a bit weird since I have to use my phone camera (only cam)


The packaging
Compact & great on the go! You can stick it in your pocket
or a small makeup pouch ^^

First off before the review,
I have naturally dark lips. As I got older my lips became darker... IDK why, but yeah.
So I'm really happy these are VERY PIGMENTED!
They are great!


Excuse me for the crappy quality photos... My phone's camera is starting to screw up :/

SWATCHES:

My natural colored lips
It's so dark & ugh! I hate it!


Only one application & look at how pigmented they are! :O wow!


XLC01 Dolly Girl
I love pink so I was sold when I saw this color! I've always wanted to try
a hot pink color like some of the gyaru models wear.


XLC02 Candy Land
This color looked like a soft mauve/purple color and it just looked
so pretty so I wanted to try it out.


XLC04 Buttery Nude
I love nudey colors and this one is a dark brown nude. I thought it might be good to have
in my collection. It looks kinda like a very dark peach color on my lips.


XLC06 Pinky Nude 
This looked really nice. Not nudey but I still like it! It's a deep pink color almost mauve.


XLC11 Nude Peach Fuzz
My FAVORITE one out of the 5! I love this one. It's a light peach color
and it isn't too light on me. Usually these colors will wash me out since I'm a tan gal.
Love ♥ Love ♥ Love♥ it!

Color: ❀❀❀❀❀/5
Very PIGMENTED! It hides the natural color of my lips. I like it!

Packaging/Size: ❀❀❀❀❀/5
Small, simple, compact. Fits in my pant pockets.

Application: ❀❀❀❀❀/5
Easy brush applicator. Can use your fingers if you want a more
soft/subtle color.

Lasting Power: ❀❀❀❀/5
Lasts a long time for me. 4-5 if no eating or drinking. Unless your lips are
naturally very dry like mine... it might start coming off.
My lips didn't get dry while wearing it, so I had no problems.

Texture: ❀❀❀❀❀/5
Thick, but not sticky. I like the fact it's not watery. Goes on very smoothly.

NO lipgloss needed unless you want shiny lips.

I RECOMMEND:
- Wearing lip balm so your lips aren't too dry before wearing it or use a lip scrub...
I recommend this for when using any lip products. The products will go on smoother & better.
- Lining lips w/ lip liner since it bleeds past the lip line

So overall I give it a ❀❀❀❀❀/5
Although I have to line my lips... it's no biggy
I always line my lips anyways. The con is when you eat & afterwards... You'll have to reline
and reapply.
Another con is that it will mark/stain things that touch it... so watch out when eating or drinking.

Which color do you like best?
Have you tried these? What's your favorite one?

Thanks 4 Reading! See ya next time! *:・゚✧

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi! 。◕ ‿ ◕。