12 June 2012

♥ Simple Rabu Rabu Deco Tutorial ♥

I decided to do a deco tutorial after I got so many questions on facebook about how I do it, what I use, and how long it takes me to do one of my projects. Especially since I've been doing a bunch of deco lately.
It's my stress relief and way to be creative.

(click on pic to ENLARGE)

Well, I found a cute navy blue box that has gold lining on the sides & gold clasp that closes it.
I don't know what I'll be using it for yet, but I was thinking a pencil box. It's only 1 inch thick & 4 inches wide, so it can't really hold much.
I haven't decided what the theme for the box will be... I'll just go w/ the flow... something cutesy like the other item I made (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ 



(click on pic to ENLARGE)

Make sure you have a good work station... thing can get messy.

1. Clean/Sanitize the box first. Make sure it's clean.

(click on pic to ENLARGE)

2. Pick out the cabochans, rhinestones, & pearls you are going to use. It'll be easier that way & your glue or clay won't harden before you put them on. I decided to use my 1 & only Love Bunny! 
\(≧◡≦)/

3. Figure out how much whip cream clay you want on it & where.
I'm going to put it on the whole top of the box.

(click on pic to ENLARGE)

 (click on pic to ENLARGE)

 (click on pic to ENLARGE)

 (click on pic to ENLARGE)

Make sure to add on the sides of the whip cream too. So that when you look at it at other angles, you'll see the rhinestones. 

(click on pic to ENLARGE) 

Add however much you want. As long as you like it.
The theme for this box is romantic, sweet, and very girly.... All my pieces lately are like this.


 (click on pic to ENLARGE)

I am DONE! o(≧o≦)o 
So happy about how it turned out!

(click on pic to ENLARGE)

What do you think??? It's easy right?!
If you do deco or are starting to, please show me =^-^=

Total time = 1 hour
Dry time = overnight

Doesn't take long. The room/place I let my deco rest in is very warm so it dries very fast. Usually 2-3 hours depending on how much whip cream clay I put on.

I'm almost out of deco! Gotta buy more! lol.
Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I don't usually like anything that is overly complicated. LOL xD

      Delete
  2. Wow, deco looks really fun - it seems like great stress relief too :)

    Using that pastry pipe and whip cream clay looks super fun too, because when I was young I wanted to be a pastry chef, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sure is :D
      I love playing w/ the whip cream, but it does dry somewhat quick depending on the temperature.
      I love baking so it's like baking but not edible xD
      You should try it. I love deco-ing <3

      Delete

♥ Hi! 。◕ ‿ ◕。