I did the project on Sunday, Sept 9th.
I had a top & a sweater that were both accidentally bleached, which ruined them.
Both were one of my favorite pieces, but I was unable to wear them afterwards because of the hideous color they turned.
I was at Walmart w/ a friend and I randomly saw fabric dye... Made me think about saving the top & sweater. I bought two colors; red & pink.
The brand's name was Tulip. Never heard of it, but it was only $2.77 a pouch.
1. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink w/1 gallon of STEAMING HOT water.
2. Stir in 1/4 (4 tablespoons) salt.
3. Pour in dye packet and stir til dissolved.
4. Submerge fabric in dye.
5. Stir constantly for 15 min and occasionally for 45 min.
6. Rinse fabric in COLD water. Wash in WARM water then dry away from direct sunlight or heat.
* The HOTTER the water, the darker the shade of color
ONE pack dyes up to 1/2lb of fabric (men's xtra large shirt)
Wash SEPARATELY for the first few washes to remove excess dye.
Most vibrant on fibers like 100% cotton, rayon, & silk
Not suitable for: pure polyester, acrylic, nylon/fabrics w/special finishes